Friday, February 28, 2020

13A Reading reflection


  1.  I read about Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, by Ashlee Vance. I have always found Elon Musk as an interesting yet humble guy. I genuinely think he is trying his best to push the whole world in the right direction. What surprises me the most is that he started PayPal. I have used Ebay and PayPal for years and never realized he started it. What I admire the most about Elon Musk is his willingness to accept failure. There have been several projects that he failed yet he still overcomes his few failures with many successes. I least admire the ability to repair teslas. They are known to be difficult or impossible to repair. I see this as a step backward for such a forward-thinking company. Yes, Musk has encountered failure and he has not only overcome it, but he has also exceeded all expectations. He put in a lot of hard work and money into his projects to make them succeed.
  2. Elon Musk is a true entrepreneur, the competencies he exhibited were creativity and open-mindedness.
  3. A part in the book I found confusing was where Vance went into detail about Musk having a birthday party at a Castle? I feel like it was unnecessary.
  4. I would ask Elon Musk what are his goals are in 20 years and is there any technology that he created and sold for government use? I am curious to see where he wants society to be in 20 years and if he would work with any governments.
  5. Elon Musk would find that with dedication and hard work anything is possible. I share the same opinion and admire what Elon Musk is doing for us.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Garrett,
    I think picking Elon Musk for your reflection was a great idea because he is so popular is pop culture today. I was surprised that Elon Musk started Pay Pal when I found out too. I use Venmo a lot and didn't even know that he owned that. I think that Elon musk's hard work made him into the man and pioneer that we know today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up Garret,
    I actually almost chose the biography on Elon Musk as my own reading project. It is completely new news to me that Musk started not only eBay, but also PayPal. It makes a lot of sense that an entrepreneur started these enterprises, but I never gave thought as to who did it or where they came from. Nice post man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Garrett,
    Elon Musk is an awesome figure to read about and look up to as an entrepreneur not only because of his massive success with companies like Tesla and SpaceX but also because he had experienced so many setbacks and failures as you had mentioned. One of the most important aspects of being a successful entrepreneur is perseverance and musk captures this trait as good as anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Garrett,

    I am also fascinated by the story of Elon Musk. I have read about him as well and found him to be a interesting person in the business setting, someone who is no non-sense and says what they want. I think it is important for entrepreneurs to have this trait because otherwise they may have issues communicating their goal to others.

    ReplyDelete