1. Regulation on Atlanta E-Scooters and other main cities.
A bill is being made because of frustrations about E-scooters in large cities. To obtain them is fairly easy and there is no true regulation on them. Complaints from locals have risen and the cities plan on trying to lower the number of e-scooters or have users be more responsible. There may be an opportunity to rival the e-scooters. It'd be a hard opportunity but we could compete in business with them.
I noticed this opportunity because about two weeks ago I was in Atlanta and on the local news I saw they were working on a bill to regulate them more. E-scooters being so new have such little regulations and the cities are stepping in for the locals.
2. Regulations on people leaving China for the Corona Virus.
After the recent outbreak of the deadly Corona Virus. Plane restrictions and border control have risen. The capabilities of the virus are unknown and while China has spoken about how severe the issue is I personally have trouble believing them. They have been known to keep secrets about the severity of things before and I have some doubts with them on how honest they are. There is a clear profit to be made from health devices to transportation. The opportunity is not easy but there is one there.
I realized this opportunity because of the news. It is a very popular topic at the moment because everyone is unsure of how dangerous the virus is. Time will only tell but profit will be made regardless.
3. Economic Trend of 2020 Census
The 2020 Census is coming up. The forms need to be distributed and sent to the right addresses. We could make a profit from creating a third party business to help keep track of forms and delivering them. Act as a middle man. The government is a great customer to have.
I saw the opportunity from several ads asking for census help because of it being right around the corner. It is well known but I doubt many people care to see the business aspect of it. I personally think there is a profit to be made.
4. The economic trend of companies and cities going more environmentally friendly.
I touched recently on the problem with paper straws a couple of blog posts ago. I still firmly believe that paper straws are still not part of the future. They lack the strength and durability of sitting in fluids over time. I think it is important for companies to work towards an environment-friendly alternative. I firmly believe that biodegradable plastics are the future. We can make straws and also make biodegradable plastic utensils to eat with! The customers would be restaurants and fast food places. As more people buy, the cheaper it would be to make the products.
I personally saw the opportunity after the plastic straw ban in Gainesville. I agree it is progressive but puts us back a couple steps in productivity. It is not the easiest task but once made. It could take off rapidly.
Hey Garrett,
ReplyDeleteI agree with your statements on the Coronavirus in China. It is a pressing issue that currently doesn’t have a solution. It is one that creates great opportunity for healthcare firms who are experimenting with a vaccine. Your insight about the census is also important. The census is too infrequent, and thus modern distribution systems do not work.
Hey Garrett,
ReplyDeleteI feel like there are actually a lot of restrictions around the Coronavirus, but it is just a very hard thing to keep contained. I do agree that there was probably more information about the virus that could have been announced sooner. It's possible that there are still facts about the virus that are still not disclosed.