1. I considered myself to be outgoing and adaptable. I am able to be put into any situation and overcome any struggle. I have experience in some business classes along with working with a concrete company. I am hardworking and dedicated to anything I put my mind to. I see my business as a way to generate a profit on the side. I would find a company to produce my product and sell it to companies as a distributor myself. It would be something I would work on in my free time and weekends.
2. Customers have the unmet need of helping the environment and/or hate using paper straws. My product provides the best of both worlds and is superior to its competitors.
3. The biggest groups I'd target are businesses that reside in regular plastic straw bans or people who care for the environment. There is no specific age group but it mostly would consist of younger generations or older people who own/run these businesses. All my customers would see that paper straws are inferior and need to be replaced.
4. Customers would pay more than paper straws to use my product because it is stronger, more comfortable, and overall better for the environment being biodegradable. Smoothies and other cold drinks would be a better experience with my straws. They also last longer.
5. What sets us apart is that we resemble the straw that everyone loved but one that is forward-thinking. Our product is strong and more usable than competitors while helping save the environment.
I believe these five elements fit very well together. The only thing we are inferior to compared to our competitors is the price. Our product will not be cheaper than plastic or paper straws. It is near impossible to produce them cheaper than those. What makes up for it is the quality and environmental impact. People will pay more if the product shows clear advantages which it does. I understand we will not take all business but we can take a large majority of it in Gainesville and other areas.
The feedback I received was that my product was more expensive and that it would be hard to implement in the real world. While I agree, I think that the price can be justified if it is far superior to its competitors, which it is. For example, why would anyone get an iPhone when other phones work just as well? My product would speak for itself just like the iPhones do.
Hey Garrett,
ReplyDeleteI have to say that after reading your napkin, you have a lot of great ideas and that your elements really do fit together! However, you might want to try drawing out your ideas in a visual representation, with only a few words describing what you draw. I believe you could have a really strong Idea Napkin, if you actually drew one out!