Friday, March 20, 2020
18A Custom Avatar
When comes to mind when I think of my customers is the younger generation who cares for the environment. The older generations do not care as much about the environment and the younger generations are too young to understand the need for a healthy world. I firmly believe the people who want plant-based straws would be caring and patient. People who enjoy the outdoors and care about their impact on the world. I see most of them as college students or graduates who want a superior product to paper and plastic straws. I think most of them would not have children yet and I believe they would be in their 20s. I feel like I can relate to my customers because I too care for the environment but want efficient products. My product can extend across multiple generations but I firmly believe the people who would be most profitable off of would be the younger generations or maybe even big businesses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Garrett,
ReplyDeleteI like your customer avatar because I think you were pretty accurate on who would like our product. Many people prefer plastic straws because they are convenient, but bad for the environment. I think young people in their 20s, like you said, would be the group most responsive to environmental issues, which is why they are the perfect customer avatar for you business and product.
Hey Garrett!
ReplyDeleteI think your analysis of who your target market would be is spot on. Younger generations do tend to care more about improving and maintaining the natural environment, so they would definitely be a large proportion of your customers. I find it interesting that you added that you believe that most of them "would not have children yet." Did you add this because you are making the connection that many younger generations are not at the age of having kids yet, or because you believe that whether or not someone has an effect on how they view ecofriendly products?
Hey Garrett,
ReplyDeleteI think one of the best ways to effectively grow is to have a prototypical representation of a customer in mind but to also not exclude those who may not resemble the prototype, which is what I think you did really well here. Target those who are young and environmentally conscious but try to appeal to everyone across many demographics.