The opportunity of my idea is to focus on cities like Gainesville who have strict laws on plastic straws. As most know, Gainesville has a ban on plastic straws. There is a huge market for paper straws but most know how inferior they are to plastic straws. The only benefit of paper straws is that they are good for the environment. My product would capitalize on the need of companies and regular customers who want the best of both worlds. My biodegradable plastic straw would not only be good for the environment, but it would also be stronger, longer-lasting, a superior in every aspect of paper straws.
My innovation is biodegradable plastic straws. As stated before, nothing is worse than a straw that falls apart or breaks in half as you put it into a lid. My biodegradable straw would be strong and long-lasting like a normal plastic straw but be good for the environment like paper straws. They currently make them but they are not used anywhere in Gainesville. I believe my product could be sold at smoothie places and other similar places to appeal to companies that want higher customer satisfaction.
Customers and big companies would buy my product because it is superior in every way to a paper straw. A straw that dissolves in a drink is no straw to me. People find that paper straws are awful for smoothies and milkshakes because they do not hold up. My product would not be cheaper, it would serve as a premium to paper straws because it is more durable and will serve a better experience. People will pay for my product because it is superior.
The advantage I would have over companies is that I am the first to market the idea. People are unaware of the product and if I brought it to these companies and people's attention. My marketing could bring awareness to the product and they would want to buy it from me. I firmly believe that it is innovative to sell to cities with strict laws on straws because the market is so small yet dense.
Hey Garrett,
ReplyDeleteI love your idea of a biodegradable plastic straw! Paper straws are such a hassle, so it is great that you have come up with another eco-friendly solution to replace traditional plastic straws. I have not seen another company market this idea yet, so I agree that your advantage would be being the first to do so. Awesome work overall!