Existing Market
The existing market is very limited to none. The market is strictly paper straws because there is no competition. I believe my product could compete and even outsell paper straws if it marketed enough. My product would speak for itself.
My product would heavily compete against paper straws because they are stronger and longer-lasting. Paper straws dissolve and are flimsy compared to biodegradable straws. My straws would be more expensive but it would be justifiable. Premium products are never cheaper and my product is good for the environment while offering the benefits of plastic straws. Our biggest potential customer would be restaurants and customers who hate paper straws and want a true fix to the problem. I would distribute my product to them. The market needs more diversity and I would be willing to compete in it.
New Market
The market I tend to target is cities with strict laws on straws. The new market that I could focus on is all restaurants. Most companies are moving towards becoming more environmentally friendly and my product could help with that movement. I could campaign that we care for the environment and donate for efforts to help the environment after we hit a certain sale mark.
In this new market, I would focus more on big corporations. This would help establish bigger sales while also attaining the long term goal of helping the environment. If any corporation like McDonald's or any like that would work with me. My company would easily succeed in this new market. It is no easy task but I firmly believe it could be done.
I've learned that to emerge into the new market we must be open and forward-thinking. It is important to focus on bigger corporations as our company gets bigger. We must adapt to the market and it is important to do so.
Hey Garrett,
ReplyDeleteTargeting all restaurants is a smart move. Consumers are itching for more sustainable, eco-friendly options so I am sure that your straws are something restaurants everywhere would be interested in. Market it right, and you will be able to find customers everywhere. Nice job overall!