From the start of the class, I think I have developed more of an entrepreneurship mindset. Going in I have always had a business mindset but I never thought of having the customer's viewpoint. I have learned the importance of knowing the customer's unsatisfactions along with their needs. It is important for a product to satisfy a need and I have learned the importance of that through this class.
My recommendation for students for this class is to stay on top of assignments. It can be very easy to lose track of time and miss an assignment. I never had this problem but the one thing I struggled with was the cupcakes. Watch the lectures and be prepared for them. Take good notes is the key! If you do not procrastinate and keep up with lectures. This class is an easy A. To get that entrepreneurship mindset, you must be open to learn and portray yourself as the customer. It is important to understand the customer's want more than your own.

Hey Garrett,
ReplyDeleteI really appreciated the way in which you answered these questions because it seems like you enjoyed much of this class and were honest about what was not the most enjoyable. I think I also said that the elevator pitches were the most memorable. I think they really made everyone step out of their comfort zone a little and grow as an entrepreneur. I also agree that one of the most important things to keep in mind is to be on top of assignments because they can sneak up on you.
Hey Garrett,
ReplyDeleteI am glad to hear that you enjoyed the class! I was surprised to see someone naming the Elevator Pitches as their favorite assignment. I personally found that they were a pain, since they required dressing up and getting in front of the camera, but do think that they were the most memorable projects in this class. They definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone, which is great.