Friday, April 17, 2020

26A Celebrating Failure

1.) I am taking marketing this semester and found myself struggling to keep up with the first exam. The first exam comes around and I do not do so hot. No great but not what my standards are. I felt as if I did not study enough and was unprepared.

2.) I learned I must not procrastinate and study efficiently to do well. I must focus on the end goal and take the necessary steps.

3.) I felt disappointed and upset with myself. I knew I could have done better and pushed myself harder on the next one which I did better on. It taught me that it is okay to fail as long as I grow from it. It takes time and effort to grow and I think failing an exam is okay as long as someone works hard for the next one. This class has taught me the importance of hard work and dedication. I would not take the risk of procrastinating because I learned from my mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Garrett,
    I talked about a similar experience where I learned from a disappointing failure and learned to correct my behavior for next time. I learned similar things like, don't take these exams lightly and study hard for a good grade. I like that you emphasized the lessons you learned and stated the importance of learning from mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Garrett,
    I had a similar struggle when I took Business Calculus a few semesters ago. Like yours, my standards were very high, and so receiving low exam grades was very disappointing. Adjusting my study habits and not procrastinating definitely helped on later exams and in other challenging classes. Good luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete