Friday, April 3, 2020

21A Reading Reflection 2

1. In, "How to Almost Fail at Everything and Win Big" by Scott Adams is about the failures that Scott Adams faced yet his ability to overcome them. Scott Adams was a very successful cartoon artist at a young age and experienced several failures before his career took off.

2. The book helped me connect and enhance with ENT3003 by expressing the importance of making systems and routines in life. Adams believed that goals were not enough. Systems and routines are something that helps keep us on track along with making us more organized and hardworking.

3. If I had to design an exercise based on the book to help the class learn I would make them right down on one side of the paper what they have failed at doing before. Then on the other side, make them write down what they did after their failure. It would make people realize that they could not succeed without failure and show that experiences help them perfect their flaws.

4. I think what surprised me the most is that someone who was a cartoon artist that worked hard enough became a CEO through his success. It was interesting to learn about his careers and experiences and he shows that hard work can get you anywhere in life if you push yourself hard enough.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Garrett,
    I chose to read Scott Adam's essay as well and created an almost identical exercise for question #3. Such exercises that allow people to constructively look at and analyze their failures are crucial for creating optimized products, and are thus an extremely important part of the entrepreneurial process. Excellent work overall, I enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garrett,
    I think your exercise would be great to implement into this course, it is efficient and simple enough that the whole class could benefit from it. I agree it was really interesting to learn about Adams life throughout the book, I also read this book. The idea about systems was a major take away for me as well, glad we are on the same page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Garrett,
    This was one of the books I was considering reading just based on the title. I think the importance of establishing routines and systems is essential for being as productive as possible. I also like the way you designed your activity, specifically having people write down what they did just after failing, because that is when true character shines. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete